Formed in 2009, Dachshund Rescue Australia Inc (DRA) aims to ensure that every dachshund in Australia has a safe and loving home.
We understand that life changes for people. DRA works in a non-judgemental manner to rehome dachshunds in need to a safe, loving forever home with people who understand the quirks of the breed.
We provide education resources for current and potential owners whilst working with responsible, registered breeders and relevant individuals and organisations for the health and betterment of the breed.
our rehoming process
We understand that there are many reasons why you may be unable to keep your dachshund and that it is a very difficult decision for you to make.
If you’re unsure and just want to talk it over and see if there are solutions, then please message us and one of our friendly team members will speak with you and talk through the problems that you may be experiencing with your dachshund(s).
- DRA does not charge a rehoming fee or pay to buy dachshunds that require rehoming.
- We do charge an adoption fee to the new owners. This is to ensure that the right people come forward for your dachshund. Dachshunds are a financial commitment and we want all dachshunds to be valued family members.
- Adoption fees go towards veterinary care that some dachshunds require when they are rehomed, such as vaccinations, medications, de sexing, dentals and many other such operations and incidentals.
- Enquiries are responded to on the same day. If your situation is urgent and you need immediate help then please call us.
- For assistance with dachshunds affected by IVDD, please visit: https://www.ivdd.org.au
join our mailing list
and follow us on facebook for news, events and more...